Abstract Submission Guidelines
Call for Abstracts is now open!
Abstract submissions are welcome for consideration for the International Symposium on Phototrophic Prokaryotes, which will be held Liverpool, United Kingdom, 21 – 25 August 2022.
Abstracts are welcome in any one of the following categories:
- Phylogeny, Taxonomy & Evolution
- Environment & Ecology
- Bioenergetics, Natural & Artificial Photosynthesis
- Physiology, Metabolism, Sensory Transduction & Development
- Biotechnology & Synthetic Biology
An abstract can be submitted for presentation at the Conference as one of the following categories:
- Oral Presentation
- Oral or Poster Presentation
At the review stage, the Programme Committee may change the presentation type submitted by the author to ensure the continuity of the conference programme i.e. oral presentation may be changed to poster presentation OR poster presentation to oral presentation. The presenting Author will be informed of any change to their submitted presentation type at the acceptance notification stage. The decision of the programme committee is final.
Oral presentations will be 15 minutes long with 3 minutes for questions and answers
Accepted posters will be asked to produce a poster for display at the conference. Presenters are asked to take note of the following guidelines when producing their poster:
- Maximum poster size is A0 (0.84 x 1.19m) (portrait orientation)
- Keep text to a minimum
- Ensure any text is in large font
- Use graphs, charts, and/or tables
- Ensure contents have a logical flow
- Make it colourful
- Removal and collection of posters at the end of the display period remains the responsibility of the presenter. Posters not removed by the indicated take down time will be removed and disposed of.
Prizes will be awarded for early-stage researchers. Apply via the abstract submission portal by submitting an abstract for presentation and giving a short explanation as to why you qualify.
The abstract submission process for ISPP 2022 will be through an online submission portal
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON THE SUBMISSION PROCESS
- The Presenting Author must submit the abstract and is required to be the corresponding author for that abstract
- You do not need to register for the conference in order to submit the abstract
- All abstracts must be received by the submission deadline to be included in the review.
- Accepted abstract presenters must register by 9 June 2022.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English
It is ESSENTIAL that you read the guidelines below before you submit. Abstracts which do not adhere to the guidelines will not be reviewed.
Who submits the abstract?
The Presenting Author must submit the abstract and will act as the main point of contact for the abstract with organisers.
Once you enter the online submission portal, start by creating an account. Please keep a record of the account details you use to set up the account as you will require them to log into both the ISPP 2022 abstract submission portal and Conference registration portal. Upon successful submission of the abstract a confirmation email will be sent to the Presenting Author.
If you have not received a confirmation email, please check that your abstract is not left in draft and is fully submitted by logging back into the portal and checking on the Edit/View Abstracts page.
How to edit a submitted abstract?
You can save your submission as a draft and return to edit the submission at a later point. It is important to note that once it has been submitted the abstract cannot be edited after the abstract submission deadline. Ensure that your abstract is not left in draft as it will not be reviewed.
Submission Details Required
The online abstract submission is a simple step-by-step process and will ask you to input the following details:
- Abstract title – word limit is 15
- Presentation type – Oral or Poster, Poster
- Theme – chosen from the theme list above
- Presenting Author – Name, affiliation, and job title of presenting author (this person must be listed as the first author)
- Co-Authors – Name, affiliation, and job title of co-author(s)
- Abstract document – Abstract word limit is 350, use abstract template (word limit includes: references; excludes: title, authors and affiliations)
- Additional information
- Are you an early-stage researcher?
- Early-stage researcher details
- Publication of abstract agreement
- Data consent agreement
- Alternative contact for abstract
Abstracts must be formatted using the ISPP 2022 template. Download the template below to create the abstract and then save as a Word file to upload to the system. Only WORD files will be accepted for upload. Graphs and tables may not be included in the abstract. Abstracts will not be edited and will added to the conference website and/or conference app as submitted. Ensure that all grammar and spelling is correct.
Review and Notification of Acceptance
All abstracts will go through a peer-review carried out by reviewers selected by the ISPP 2022 Programme Committee.
Notification of acceptance or rejection will be sent to the submitter on 12 May 2022.
Registration of the Abstract Presenter
When notified of acceptance, the Presenting Author is required to accept the offer by registering for the conference and paying in full by 9 June 2022. You will be provided with a link to register at this rate in your acceptance email.
If a presenter fails to register by 9 June 2022:
- Will be removed from the programme
- Will be removed from all ISPP 2022 related publications
Withdrawal Conditions & Change of Presenter
If you need to withdraw the abstract or change the presenting author contact ISPP2022@conferencepartners.com by 26 May 2022.
Terms and Conditions
- The abstract submitted adheres to the abstract submission guidelines outlined on the Conference Website.
- The abstract submitted is in English.
- This abstract has only been submitted once for ISPP 2022.
- It is the responsibility of the presenting author to submit the abstract. They are the main contact whose responsibility it is to communicate with other co-authors.
- The presenting author is available to present at the conference between 21 – 25 August 2022.
- The presenting author must register and pay in full by the deadline indicated in the abstract review outcome email. If they do not register and pay in full, the abstract will be removed from the programme and any associated publications.
- The text of the abstract, along with the names and affiliations, poster and/or additional documents as requested, will be published on the conference website, in the abstract document and on the conference app, and this will not raise any copyright issues.
- A submission as a particular presentation type or theme may be changed to a different type following review in order to be accepted and included in the programme.
- Presenters may be recorded for live streaming. A recording of the presentation and a copy of the slides may be published online after the conference.